Collect your FREE Brompton Service Pack worth £50 when you pick your bike up from store.
The Brompton Black Edition M2L Folding Bike is the perfect bicycle for the city.
Inspired by city nightlife, the Black Edition range features sleek black components rather than the usual silver and is available in a range of colour ways.
The Brompton M2L features an ‘M’ type handlebar known as the ‘Classic Brompton handlebar’, a good all-rounder that provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
It holds a 2-speed gear for flat terrain and city riding, keeping functionality simple, plus an important back-up lower gear for occasional hills, while the included mudguards are a perfect option if you live in a region that rains.
The clever design means that the bike folds down to a portable, practical size (585mm high x 565mm long x 270mm wide) in under 20 seconds, meaning it can be taken on most forms of public and private transport. It can also easily be taken inside (homes, offices, bars) so it is a lot less likely to be stolen.
Once folded, the bike is locked together in a compact package, which can be carried or towed easily. The chain and gears are in the centre of the folded package keeping them away from clothing and luggage.
The 16” wheels afford the bike great acceleration and maneuverability, ideal for stop-start city riding. The smaller wheel diameter also increases the strength and rigidity of the wheels. The suspension offered by the long seat post and suspension block makes the small folding bike comfortable to ride over rough surfaces and for longer distances.
Brompton’s are tough and can take everything the city throws at them. They have been handmade in London since 1975 and feature a steel frame, efficient and puncture-resistant tyres, options to fit a range of luggage and come with a choice of both four different handlebar types and gearing options.
Let a Brompton folding bike take you anywhere - its flexibility allows you to get more out of the city, day and night.
- M Type – A classic handlebar shape, offering an efficient and comfortable ride.
- H Type – The same classic style as the M type, but with a 60mm higher stem, for a more upright riding position
- S Type – A lower, sportier ride position, for those preferring a more responsive ride.
- P Type – A versatile handlebar, offering the flexibility of several grip positions, for all types of riding.
- 1 Speed - Light and simple for flat city riding.
- 2 Speed - One gear for hills and setting off, one for cruising. Flexible and lightweight.
- 3 Speed - A robust enclosed hub gear, a great choice for everyday cycling.
- 6 Speed - The ultimate all-rounder, for those who wish to take longer rides and challenging inclines.
- Version E - no mudguards, rack or pump
- Version L - inc. mudguards but no rack
- Version R – inc. mudguards and rack