Basso Diamante SV Super Record 12 Speed MR38 Men’s Road Bike – 2018 – Limited Edition
Can be purchased using Cycle to work
This bike is a special order product from Basso in Italy and has an approximate delivery time of 4-6 weeks.
Once you have placed an order our customer services team will be in contact to confirm the following information:
- Chainset ratio: 50/34T, 52/36T or 53/39T
- Cassette ratio: 11-29T or 11-32T
- Crank arm length: 170mm or 172.5mm
- Stem length/angle: 90mm to 130mm with -11 degree or -0 degree angle
- Handlebar width: 420mm, 440mm or 460mm (measured outer to outer)
Not only is the Basso Diamante SV Factory a limited edition model, it is also one of the first bikes in the world to be equipped with the new 12 speed Campagnolo Super Record road groupset.
This particular model is equipped with a Microtech MR38 carbon clincher wheelset. It has 38mm deep unidirectional carbon rims, 7075 alloy hubs (18 hole front & 24 hole rear) with Sapim spokes and weigh in at approximately 1656g for the pair.
‘We are proud to state that all of our frames are entirely Italian. Every process in our production takes place in house in north east Italy; from the carbon fibre lamination, to the painting of the frame and ending with the assembly of the frame into a complete bike.
With this special edition of our signature model Diamante SV we wanted to tell you more about how our carbon frames are made. The graphic enhances the thread of the fibres in specific areas of the frame. You will see for example that on the head tube area the fibres are placed in multiple
directions to contrast the torsion that is generated when applying force on the handlebar.’
The Basso Diamante SV Frameset is one for the aero-lovers. Its tube shapes are able to cut through the air like blades and the rear turbulence is almost non-existent.
The Diamante SV is an evolution of the Diamante; a bike that is already known for its lightness, superb handling on extreme rides and fantastic downhill performance. Basso has improved the air penetration by designing new tube shapes and by making a straight blade front fork.
There’s much more to the Diamante SV than meets the eye. Further technologies employed can be seen below:
- 2Fit - Compatible with either mechanical or electronic groupsets
- Wind Shape - Aerodynamic shapes for maximum air penetration
- Blade Front - Semi-integrated front fork/frame/stem/headset for improved aerodynamics
- Comfort Kit - Handlebar height position adjustable by up to 2cm whilst maintaining the frames rigid characteristics
- Tapered headset - 1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered fork and headset for improved rigidity
- Carbon Tech - Manufactured with carbon fibres orientated at 0°/22°/45°, and with 3 types of woven carbon filaments: 1K, 3K and UD
- 3B Vibration Dampening - 3B triple point clamp and rubber gusset
- Alloy Free - Monocoque frame without aluminium reinforcement parts
*Image is for illustration purposes only. Please see specification above for confirmation of what is included.
|Basso Frame Size||Height (inches)||Height (cm)|
|45cm||4'11" to 5'2"||150cm to 157cm|
|48cm||5'2" to 5'5"||157cm to 165cm|
|51cm||5'5" to 5'8"||165cm to 173cm|
|53cm||5'8" to 5'10"||173cm to 178cm|
|56cm||5'10" to 6'0"||178cm to 183cm|
|58cm||6'0" to 6'2"||183cm to 188cm|
|61cm||6'2" to 6'5"||188cm to 196cm
|Number of Gears||24|
|Brake Type||Rim Brakes|
|Eligible for cycle to work||Eligible for cycle to work|
|Bike Frame Size||N/A|
|Number of Gears||24|
|Brake Type||Rim Brakes|
|Frame||100% 3K Torayca hi modulus carbon fibre in T1000 and T800, Internal cable routing, Italian made|
|Forks||Hi modulus carbon fibre / 1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered steerer, Italian made|
|Gear Shifters||Campagnolo Super Record, 2x12 speed|
|Rear Mech||Campagnolo Super Record, 12 speed|
|Front Mech||Campagnolo Super Record, 2 speed|
|Chainset||Campagnolo Super Record, 50/34T, 52/36T or 53/39T - 170mm or 172.5mm|
|Cassette / Freewheel||Campagnolo Super Record, 11-29T or 11-32T|
|Chain||Campagnolo, 12 speed|
|Brake Type||Caliper Brakes|
|Front Brake||Campagnolo Super Record|
|Rear Brake||Campagnolo Super Record|
|Hubs||Microtech MR38 carbon clincher wheelset, Front - 18 hole / Rear - 24 hole|
|Rims||Microtech MR38 carbon clincher wheelset, UD carbon, 38mm rim depth|
|Tyres||Michelin Pro4 Race|
|Handlebars||Microtech Quantum, Carbon fibre, 420/440/460mm|
|Stem||Microtech Diamante alloy, 90/100/120/130mm|
|Headset||1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered|
|Seatpost||Microtech Quantum, Carbon fibre|
|DELIVERY TYPE||PARTS, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES||BIKES|
|Standard||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £10
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to be delivered within 3 working days
- Most bikes delivered within 5 working days.
- An estimated delivery window will be shown at the checkout.
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) for Next Day delivery
|Click and Collect||FREE
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 2 working days
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 5 working days
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.
BUILT AND READY TO RIDE
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike. Find out more.