Crank Brothers Candy 7 MTB Pedals - Black/Black
Can be purchased using Cycle to work
The design for the original crankbrothers pedal began out of frustration. The founders of crankbrothers, Carl and Frank, were tired of getting stuck in mud-covered pedals with no way in or out. They realised that existing pedals were too complicated….
It started with a simple question: what is the best way to attach a shoe to a crank? To answer this question, Carl and Frank created a system with only two moving parts hinging on a spring. This system became known as the eggbeater pedal, and later it was adapted into the candy pedal.
The Crank Brothers Candy 7 MTB Pedals are a clipless pedal with a platform offering improved stability across a wide range of disciplines from all mountain / trail to cyclo-cross. The pedal body is 10% larger than the level 1, 2 and 3 pedal bodies. The chamfered edges help to minimise rock strikes.
There is an ongoing debate amongst many riders about which is best, candy or eggbeater. The candy pedal provides an additional platform which is confidence inspiring and also gives some support or those moments when you’ve unclipped but are unsure if you need to get your foot down for a dab, jump off the bike or quickly get clipped in again and put the power down.
- Excellent mud-shedding: the design is very open.
- Ribbed body for extra traction when unclipped
- 4-sided entry: clip in on all 4 sides of the pedal, by pushing forward or pulling backwards on the pedal.
- Increased float: 6° of side-to-side rotational play. The float of the pedal allows for the rider to shift positions on the bike, while keeping their feet clipped into the pedal. This allows for improved rider control and bike handling.
- Fit adjustment: crankbrothers premium cleats can be adjusted for either 15° or 20° release angle. Zero-float cleats can be purchased separately (link to these).
- Customise the fit between your shoe/pedal interface by using integrated traction pads. The pedals come with the 1mm tread pads fitted and include set of 2mm pads in the box.
- Chamfered edges help reduce rock strikes
- Outer enduro cartridge bearing is designed specifically for pedals. Enduro use superior materials, grease and sealing on their bearings which are designed especially for use on a bike.
- Inner igus LL-glide bearing has been exclusively formulated for crankbrothers. It performs in even the most adverse conditions out on the trails.
- Double seal system combines a double lip internal seal and a new external seal to keep water and debris from entering the pedal.
- crankbrothers pedals are fully re-buildable for simple maintenance. There is a consistency in parts across all pedal models, which allows for ease of servicing, this is easily done using the pedal refresh kit (CRB-16051).
|Eligible for cycle to work||Eligible for cycle to work|
Free Build and Delivery
Free delivery is available on all bikes sold by us. To find out exactly when you’ll be able to get your new bike, take a look at the available delivery options in the checkout.
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike.
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.