Gore Bike Wear ONE Women's Active Shakedry Jacket
Can be purchased using Cycle to work
The original GIRO Jacket was the first ever GORE BIKE WEAR product, and more importantly, the first ever GORE-TEX cycling jacket on the market. By being both waterproof and breathable at the same time it revolutionized comfort and protection for cyclists. Today Gore have a new ground breaking technology that sets a new standard as much as they did over 30 years ago. Built on the same core values, the Gore Bike Wear ONE Women's Active Shakedry Jacket is engineered with the brand new lightweight GORE-TEX Active fabric that permanently repels water and increases breathability in even the wettest conditions.
It’s the year 1985 – three GORE engineers enjoy spending time cycling in the Bavarian alpine foothills – but like many of their contemporaries, it annoys them that you can't buy any enduring weather protection, or a functional jacket, suitable for cycling. In those days, to protect yourself from the elements the standard practice was to stuff newspaper under your cycling jersey. Since the mid seventies, GORE-TEX had been providing the outdoor sports sector with a functional technology. So, the three friends came up with the idea of applying the same technology to the bike wear market
. No sooner said than done! With the help of a designer, the functional GORE-TEX membrane was reshaped to meet the demands of the cyclist. The problem was solved and the “GORE BIKE WEAR GIRO” jacket was born: lightweight, low pack volume, totally waterproof, breathable and waterproof. Newspaper was now a thing of the past. The first distributor was soon found when Brüggelman added the jacket to its product range. Notable for its innovative functionality, the GIRO jacket was GORE BIKE WEAR’s first success story. Over the course of the next 30 years there were many more to come.
- 100% Polyamide
- Water beads on the surface so a few quick shakes renders the garment dry, Durably waterproof and windproof, and extremely breathable
- Ergonomic shape, Comfort fit, Adjustable collar with Velcro for optimum fit and protection
- Elastic sleeve cuff, Partially elastic hem
- Reinforced hem for easier closure of the zipper
- Advanced matte black look - the unique feel and matte black surface design gives the jacket a new and unexpected look
- 2-way front zip for chimney effect, 2 zip tags for easy opening, Back zipped stow pocket
- Reflective print on back
- Reflective logo on sleeve and front
- Minimal pack volume and stow away solution
|Sleeve Length||Long Sleeves|
|Eligible for cycle to work||Eligible for cycle to work|
|Sleeve Length||Long Sleeves|
|DELIVERY TYPE||PARTS, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES||BIKES|
|Standard||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £10
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to be delivered within 3 working days
- Most bikes delivered within 5 working days.
- An estimated delivery window will be shown at the checkout.
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) for Next Day delivery
|Click and Collect||FREE
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 2 working days
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 5 working days
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.
BUILT AND READY TO RIDE
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike. Find out more.