Haynes The Bike Book - 7th Edition
Now in its 23rd year of publication, Haynes Bike Book 7th Edition continues to be a bestseller. Compiled by a new author, this seventh edition is a major update to include all new developments in the cycling world along with a thorough check and revision of all existing material.
New photography together with a refreshed page design offer the reader a user-friendly and contemporary manual – but still with the clear step-by-step approach for which Haynes is famous.
- Choosing a bike: different types of bike, correct sizing and setting up.
- Routine maintenance and repair: lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, repairing punctures, tyre care, chains, cables and brake pads.
- Braking systems: rim and disc brakes.
- Drive train: chains, cables, derailleurs, sprockets and cassettes, chainsets, bottom brackets, hub gears, gear shifters.
- Contact points: saddles, seat posts, bars and stems, pedals, toe clips, straps and clipless pedals.
- Wheels: adjustable-cone hubs, sealed-bearing hubs, spoke replacement and truing.
- Frames, forks, steering and suspension: frame materials and design, suspension fork strip and set-up, headset strip, adjustment and replacement, full-suspension bearing replacement.
- Safety, security and accessories: mudguards, racks, panniers, computers, bells, seatpost bags.
- Appendix: gear ratios, torque settings, chain types, tyre and rim combinations, Shimano, Sram and Campagnolo compatability, fault-finding.
|Eligible for cycle to work||Not eligible|
|DELIVERY TYPE||PARTS, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES||BIKES|
|Standard||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £10
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to be delivered within 3 working days
- Most bikes delivered within 5 working days.
- An estimated delivery window will be shown at the checkout.
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) for Next Day delivery
|Click and Collect||FREE
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 2 working days
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 5 working days
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.
BUILT AND READY TO RIDE
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike. Find out more.