Raleigh Songbird 14" Girls Bike - 2017
With its stylish prints, the Raleigh Songbird 14” Girls Bike is built around a strong steel frame with easy-to-pull V-brakes that can be adjusted for small hands and are modulated to ensure smooth braking.
It's fitted with a full chainguard, mudguards and stabilisers as standard, and finishing touches include a dolly carrier and handlebar streamers.
- Hi-tensile steel frame with oversized tubes; for strength and the rigid fork means the bike is easy to manoeuvre
- V-brakes; a high level of specification on for an improved braking performance
- Front V-brake modulator; one of a number of safety features fitted as standard. When your child applies the front brake the modulator regulates the force that goes down to the front v-brake resulting in smoother braking
- Resin brake levers; designed to be easily operated by little fingers fitted with an adjustment screw to fit to smaller hands
- High rise handlebars, allowing a more upright riding position, allowing your child to become more aware of things around them whilst riding
- Aluminium rims, another high specification and safety feature that give an improved surface for the brake blocks to brake against
- Junior non slip pedals, a safety feature Raleigh has been fitting to Children's bikes for years, they are fitted with rubber pads which prevent feet slipping off.
- Full chain guard, colour co-ordinated with graphics to match the bike design, it is a functional necessity. Not only does it stop the dirt getting on your child and their clothes but it also keeps the sharp edges of the chain wheel covered and away from little fingers
- Stabilisers are an essential for your child's first bike, giving your child and you confidence during their first cycling adventures, allowing them to learn balance and co-ordination safely
- Front and rear coloured mudguards, an essential piece of any Children's pavement bike designed to keep your child clean from any dirt picked up by the tyres
|Number of Gears||1|
|Eligible for cycle to work||Not eligible|
|Bike Frame Size||-|
|Number of Gears||1|
|Frame||Hi-Tensile steel, MTB|
|Forks||Hi-Tensile steel, Rigid|
|Chainset||Steel 1 piece, Silver|
|Cassette / Freewheel||16 tooth|
|Bottom Bracket||Steel, 9 piece|
|Pedals||Resin junior, Rubber non slip pads, 1/2", White/pink|
|Front Brake||Steel V-brake, Silver|
|Rear Brake||Steel V-brake, Silver|
|Hubs||Steel 20 hole, Nutted, Silver|
|Rims||Aluminium 14", Single wall, 20 hole, Silver|
|Tyre Size||14 x 2.125"|
|Handlebars||Steel, 500mm wide, 100mm rise, White|
|Headset||Steel, 8 piece|
|Seatpost||Steel, 25.4 x 177mm, Silver|
Free Build and Delivery
Free delivery is available on all bikes sold by us. To find out exactly when you’ll be able to get your new bike, take a look at the available delivery options in the checkout.
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike.
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.