Tacx Vortex Smart Turbo Trainer
The Tacx Vortex Turbo Trainer is an interactive Smart trainer with an electro brake. This resistance unit is suitable for an average training level and can reach a maximum resistance of 950 watts.
Instead of using a handlebar computer you train by connecting the Vortex quickly and easily to the Tacx apps or third party software. Of the many possible training options, you can choose the software that best matches you and your way of training.
The Vortex communicates wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart for convenient training sessions using your smartphone or tablet. Performance data can be viewed on several devices simultaneously, including your smartphone, bike computer and sports watch.
When the Vortex Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. This means the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well. So it is possible to use this trainer in a “stand-alone” status.
- Interactive Smart trainer with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Neodymium magnets
- Transmission: Roller, 30 mm
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Supplied with Front wheel support and quick release for road/mountain bikes
- Maximum power (40 km/h): 950 Watt
- Maximum slope: 7%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Maximum torque: 16.3Nm
- Maximum brake force: 48N
- Actual flywheel: 1.65kg
- Flywheel effect: 11.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint: 675x650mm
- Height: 410mm
- Folded dimensions: 565x410x245mm
- Weight: 9.08kg
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Output: Speed, cadence and power
- Read out on: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: <10%
|Type||Smart Turbo Trainers|
|Eligible for cycle to work||Not eligible|
|Type||Smart Turbo Trainers|
|DELIVERY TYPE||PARTS, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES||BIKES|
|Standard||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £10
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to be delivered within 3 working days
- Most bikes delivered within 5 working days.
- An estimated delivery window will be shown at the checkout.
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) for Next Day delivery
|Click and Collect||FREE
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 2 working days
- Order by 3pm (Sun-Thurs) to pick up in 5 working days
To find out more about bike delivery, as well as our easy returns service, head over to our delivery and returns page.
BUILT AND READY TO RIDE
All of the bikes we sell online are built and inspected by our qualified mechanics – just like when you buy a bike from one of our stores. All you’ll need to do when you receive the bike is straighten the handlebars and attach one of the pedals. This service is free, and included every time you buy a bike. Find out more.